The value of trees is well-known. They provide shade and shelter, are an important part of the water cycle, and help to improve air quality. However, trees can also play a vital role in your landscape. In a rural setting, they can provide windbreaks that protect against soil erosion and help to keep your property warmer in winter and cooler in summer. In an urban environment, they can provide much-needed green space, help to reduce noise pollution and create a sense of community. No matter where you live, though, trees can add both practical and aesthetic value to your landscape. By choosing the right species for your climate and location, you can create a beautiful and sustainable landscape that will enhance your home for years to come.
The Value Of Trees In Your UNIQUE Landscape
Why Trees Are A Big Deal
When most homeowners think of landscape plants, they include them all in one giant category. But your UNIQUE landscape designer will think of them in smaller groups including, shrubs, ground cover, flowers or perennials, and trees. And each of these groups fulfills a role in creating your perfect outdoor living space. The groundcover and smaller plants will be the splashed color that you really notice when you are in your pool, and ground-level becomes eye level. The bushes and shrubs will be the items that break up the monotony of your privacy wall or create that private space if you don’t have a wall around your yard. And the trees, well, they have many responsibilities, from adding a huge visual impact to saving you money on your utility bills. In fact, trees provide many benefits to you, your property, and the community.
• Shade and Cooling- Trees provide your yard and house with much-needed shade. In the summer months, this means a cooler place to relax outdoors, and less solar heating in your home. So you are going to benefit from less radiant heat in your house. And that means less AC time and lower electric bills.
• Air Filtration- You know that there is a massive amount of dust and impurities in the air. That is why Phoenix has some of the most amazing sunsets in the world. But trees help to purify the air that we breathe, and they also absorb carbon dioxide. So the more trees we have in the Phoenix area, the better our air quality. And we will also be pumping fewer greenhouse gases out into the atmosphere thanks to the new trees.
• Increase Pure Oxygen- Trees actually are doing double duty when it comes to improving what we are breathing. Not only do they filter out the pollutants and impurities in the air, but they release pure oxygen in its place. One large tree can provide enough oxygen in a single day to sustain four adults.
• Water Purification- Trees work like Mother Nature’s sponges. They collect and filter rainfall, then slowly release it back into streams and rivers. By filtering the rainwater before it enters natural waterways, trees reduce the pollutants that are toxic to fish and other wildlife and harmful to plants and the surrounding soil.
• Add Value- According to the Council of Tree and Landscape Appraisers, a mature tree can increase the value of an appraisal by $1,000 to $10,000. Lush landscaping that includes many trees can increase a property’s value by as much as 20%. So the return on your investment can be substantial when you invest in a few nice-sized trees when you landscape your home.